Song Analysis: Moonlight by Ali Gatie

Summary

I wrote about the song Moonlight by Ali Gatie because it is one of his songs that is a lot like poetry and I really admire his music. Plus it sounds a lot like lofi music which is one of my favorites to write.

Song Analysis

TOPICMY RESPONSES
SONG TITLEMoonlight
COMPOSER(S)Ali Gatie
YEAR2019
COUNTRYCanada
If you could work on this song (change it), what would you change and why?I would change the melody a little bit.
What is the song GENRE?R&B/Soul
What is the song KEY?B
What is the song TEMPO?120
What do you like about the RHYTHM?I think that you can just sit back and feel it and it’s not super upbeat.
What do you like about the ARRANGEMENT?I like how everything flows.
What do you like about the MIX?I love just how it all fits so perfectly and everything is the right volume.
What do you like about the TIMBRE of some or all of the instruments?I really like that there strings and bass in the beginning and they made the bass a little
louder than the strings which is different. I also love that how the guitar pretty much does the same thing the whole time.
What do you like about the PITCH of some or all of the instruments or vocals?I like that it is a bit lower and then gets higher in the middle of the chorus
because it makes it more calm.
Are there particular TRACK(S) that stand out?The acoustic guitar that is the last thing playing along with the singing.
Finally, what do you like about the overall COMPOSITION?I think one of my favorite parts is how he writes. In a lot of Ali Gatie songs
its just poetry with some nice sounds.